Metro SURE-P Promises Bash Ali Maximum Support in Guiness World Record Fight Against Ricky Camlin

L

LequteMan

The Chairman of the Subsidy Re-Investment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) Gen. Martin-Luther Agwai , on Wednesday in Abuja assured Cruiserweight boxer Bash Ali of maximum support in his boxing quest for glory.

Agwai gave the assurance in Abuja when he met with Ali who was soliciting SURE-P’s support for the Guinness Book of World Record fight.

The International Boxing Union (IBU) is demanding $1 million (N162 million) sanctioning fees to be paid latest April 30 or Nigeria will lose the hosting right.

Agwai, however, said Nigerians should see the Guinness Book of World Record fight as a national project and help the boxer to source for the money.

Ali enumerated the benefits accruing from the fight, saying that Nigeria stands the chance of earning about $500 million in the fight and attracting about 12 million viewers.

``This will be the first time that the government of Nigeria is putting money into sports and getting money back.

``I went from Obasanjo to Yar’Adua; from Yar’Adua to Jonathan. It was Jonathan who finally said that this fight must hold to the glory of Nigeria.

``I was offered 11 million Euros to do this fight in Germany.

``I said ‘no, Nigeria is my country; it’s the only country that I have and this historic fight must happen in Nigeria’.

Ali is proposing to fight Ricky Camlin of U.S. in the world record fight.

Attachments

• 0b296eae8acbfefa29b15196d27fb61c.jpg
    0b296eae8acbfefa29b15196d27fb61c.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 7
Back