Sports Warri Wolves And Former Coach; Paul Aigbogun At War

Nigeria Professional Football League club, Warri Wolves, have disclosed that they relieved former coach, Paul Aigbogun of his duty due to his lack of commitment to the club.

Aigbogun replaced Kadiri Ikhana as the head coach of Enyimba football club, after the former Super Falcons coach, who helped them to their 7th title fell out of favour with the management of the Aba club.

Wolves chairman, Moses Etu says Aigbogun’s body language was not right for most of last season.

“We (Wolves) actually asked Paul Aigbogun to leave because we had very good reasons.

“He was busy negotiating with other clubs even when he had a contract with us and that was not right.

“Sam Okpodu has been appointed as his replacement and we are sure he will do a good job,” Etu told supersport

Meanwhile, Aigbogun has dismissed the allegations levelled against him describing them as “baseless.”

“I am shocked the Wolves people will say these things because I served them with total commitment while I was head coach of the club.

“The thing is my contract ended at the conclusion of the last football season.

“As it is the norm all over the world, interested clubs had discussions with me but that was after my contract had run out.

“Also there was no management board in place at Wolves at the time and even when I spoke to (former Wolves CEO), Davidson Owumi, there was really no headway made,” he said.

Wolves and Enyimba (Aigbogun’s present employers) will represent Nigeria in the 2016 Caf Champions League.
Paul-Aigbogun.jpg

Back