Politics Yahaya Bello Reacts to INEC Double Registration, Says His Ghost Did

P

ProfRem

Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi has dismissed allegation by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that he registered twice as a voter in Abuja and subsequently in Lokoja.

Bello stated this when he spoke to State House correspondents in Abuja on Friday after observing the two-raka’at Juma’at prayer at the Aso Rock Mosque.

INEC on May 25 via a statement issued by one of its National Commissioners and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee (IVEC), Mr Solomon Soyebi, alleged that Bello registered twice as a voter.

Soyebi said the governor first registered in Abuja in January, 2011, and subsequently on May 23, 2017, in Government House, Lokoja.

He described the governor’s double registration and doing so outside lNEC’s designated centres as illegal.

Reacting to the allegation, Bello said it might be his ghost that must have done the double registration and not him.

Yahaya Bello.JPG

“I travelled on (May) 19 to Dubai for a brief break and I saw the press release and I was taken aback that I did a double registration on (May) 23rd, probably is my ghost that must have done the double registration.

“I think INEC has earned itself a very high reputation and I’m very confident that the leadership of INEC will not allow some elements to drag its name into the mud.

“Actually, that is a falsehood; I did not do double registration of permanent voter card,’’ he said.

Meanwhile, INEC has since dissociated itself from the governor’s action while it also pledged to take disciplinary action against its staff implicated in the second registration for Bello.

- NAN

His ghost in the government. Nawao, Kogi people should now know that the also have ghost as governor. When the physical man is absent, the spiritual governor will appear take over affairs. Kai! Walahi My governor, Engr(Chief) Dave Umahi is not a ghost like him.

Back