Metro Yunusa's Father Reveals Unknown Details About Ese Oruru's Alleged Abduction

L

LequteMan

"My son was a house help to the Oruru family for 10 years"

Yunusa Yellow’s father, Dahiru Bala, in an interview published by Vanguard, has made more revelations about the abduction of Ese Oruru, a 14 year old girl who was alleged forced to marry and convert to a muslim in Kano state.

“Yunusa was a domestic help to Oruru’s family for 10 years and when he told me of his love relationship with Ese, I opposed him because we already have a bride for him in the village”.

Apart from being engaged, he also said allowing his son to marry Ese will be against his religion.

“The relationship between my son and Ese was built on ignorance of their religious background which made it difficult for any of us to support their marriage proposal”.

He said Ese converted to Islam on her own free will.

“Sequel to the request of Ese, she was converted to Islam on the order of the District Head before he was taken to the Emir’s palace for his final say”.

“On arrival at the Emir’s palace, a senior counsellor who took the brief summon for the Sharia Commission to take custody of Ese Oruru till the arrival of the emir the next day. “

Bala said that the emir who subsequently met with them ordered that the Sharia commission should liaise with the Assistant Inspector General of police, zone 1 to return her home with immediate effect.

"The much anticipated return of Ese Oruru to Bayelsa was truncated by her when she broke down in the AIG office and raised questions on safety to her life back home. Subsequently, the move was halted to pave for investigation”.

"The last we heard of Ese Oruru was that she was in custody of Sharia commission who kept her in the home of the District Head at Kura”.

Attachments

• Yunusa-Father.jpg
    Yunusa-Father.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 10
Back