Sports Arsene Wenger, Jurgen Klopp's Comments After Liverpool's 4-3 Victory at Arsenal

L

LequteMan

Liverpool on Sunday started the season with a 4-3 victory over Arsenal at the Emirates stadium.

Walcott put the Gooners ahead in the 31st minute after losing a penalty before Coutinho equalized through a fantastic free kick.

Adam Lallana put Liverpool in front after the break before Coutinho scored his second and Sadio Mane slammed home to make it four. Arsenal tried a comeback after this - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored a great solo goal and Calum Chambers headed in before the final whistle was blown.

Managers Comments

Speaking after the match, Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp said the game went exactly the way he expected.

"I played a big part in the excitement of the last half-hour, because it’s not allowed to celebrate the fourth goal like this with 35 minutes to go," Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says. "At this moment, we switched off the machines. The game was not over. Arsenal lost, but we gave them a path back into the game."

"Nothing is sure until the final whistle. Over the whole of the 90 minutes it was a deserved win.

"We can always score goals and we can defend much better. It's the Premier League and nothing should be easy in this league. Nothing is easy."

On his part, Arsene Wenger had few words.

"I am always under pressure," he said when asked if losing his first game of the season would put him under pressure.

"We lacked experience at the back and we were physically short. Liverpool did well and we were for 15 minutes completely shocked. We pushed players today like Aaron Ramsey. It is an impossible situation to get players back from the Euros and prepare."

"We played a very good first half and were unlucky to concede a goal just before half-time because the free-kick was very harsh.

"After that we paid for a lack of experience. I have said many times we are working very hard to get one or two players in. I don't know what you call desperate. They [any signings Arsenal make before the transfer window closes] need to make sense and be of quality."

Attachments

• arsene.jpg
    arsene.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
Back