Sports Be patient with the Super Eagles - Sports minister

Eagles.gif
Nigeria's Sports minister Tamuno Danagogo has called for Nigerians to be patient with the Super Eagles team adding that he believes they can turn around the situation.

A disappointing 0-0 draw against Iran has left fans disgruntled about the chances of Nigeria at the 2014 FIFA World Cup tournament.

With games against Bosnia-Herzegovina on Saturday,and Argentina next week,the Super Eagles will have to churn out a result to still remain in the competition.

Speaking through his Special Assistant on Media, Patrick Omorodion,the minister who was in Brazil for Nigeria's first game said that all hope was not lost as they still have a chance to qualify from the group.

“Nigerians have every right to be disappointed because they expected their team to beat Iran. It is expected but I want to appeal that they should not lose hope but continue to pray and support the team. Bosnia are beatable and the Eagles can come back strong," Danagogo said.

“I believe in the never-say-die spirit of the Nigerian athlete. The Eagles and the coaches must have studied the tape of the last match and will plot new strategies to win the next game. I therefore, urge Nigerians to continue to wish them well, they don’t have to lose hope ,” he added.

Back