Sports FG Will Immortalise Keshi – Sports Minister, Dalung

kemi

Social Member
The Minister for Youth and Sports Development, Solomon Dalung has hinted that the federal government will seek ways to immortalize former Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi who died yesterday.

keshi.jpg

Dalung said the news of Keshi’s death came to him as a big surprise as the former coach was neither sick nor had any health issues before his demise.

Dalung’s reaction which was made available by his Special Assistant (Media), Nneka Ikem-Anibeze on Wednesday read, “I will formally inform the government of the death of this great Nigerian, and I want to assure Nigerians that government will seek ways to immortalise him.

I join millions of soccer followers across the world to mourn this illustrious son of Nigeria, Africa and the world. I pray for the repose of his soul and that the family, especially the children he left behind will find the strength to bear this devastating loss.

“It is with a heavy heart but gratitude to the almighty God, that I, on behalf of the Federal government of Nigeria sympathise with the family of Stephen Okechukwu Keshi (MON) and the entire Nigerian football family over the untimely death of our amiable, dedicated and outstanding hero. I was really shocked by the news of his death. He was one of Nigeria’s heroes whose contributions to the development of football and Nigeria’s sports in general cannot be quantified.”

Back