I want to leave Liverpool – Luis Suarez

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

With the ongoing saga following the protracted transfer of Luis Suarez,the Liverpool striker,has demanded that he do be allowed to seek for a move out of the club.
Suarez on Tuesday said that he wants to leave Liverpool and move to a clubside that is competing in the UEFA Champions League.
Speaking to both the Guardian and Daily Telegraph,Suarez said that Liverpool “promised” him he could leave the club if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.
“I gave absolutely everything last season. Now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement,” he said.
“Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I’d be allowed to go.”
“I am 26, I need to be playing in the Champions League. I feel I have done enough to be playing in the Champions League at this stage of my career. Now there is an option for me to do that and I want very much to take it,” he said.
“I don’t feel betrayed but the club promised me something a year ago, just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League,” Suarez added.
Arsenal made two bids for the 26-year old Uruguayan,with the latest a £40m+1 bid believed to have activated his release clause,but Liverpool said it still falls short of their valuation.
Suarez pulled out of the squad for a pre-season match in Norway because of a foot injury,with many believing that he is angling for a move elsewhere.

Continue reading...

Back