Politics I'm financially responsible, not stingy –Obi

A

abujagirl

Mr. Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra state during a recent interview with Sun News said he was not stingy as rumoured but financially responsible.

Obi made the declaration when the interviewer said, " You were noted for financial prudence, “stinginess” some say, but towards the last days in office, you donated money to many organisations. Was it a strategic move"

Obi is quoted saying, "those who know me over the years will tell you that I am allergic to money being spent wrongly. It is not about being stingy. Some even have the good sense to call me “araldite” to my face. All I request is that money should be spent properly. Not just money, we have the moral obligation to do things properly.

"The other day, I was at the airport and a cleaner offered to carry my bag. I refused. I made it clear to her that she was paid to clean the airport and not to carry people’s bags. By carrying bags, she hoped to be given tips, but in the course of doing that, her work suffers. All I do is to insist she should do what she is expected to do. As a former governor, I was not expected to be sharing the money of the state to people who would not utilise it to add value to the state", Obi added.

Read full interview from Sun News

peter obi.jpg

Back