Sports Jose Mourinho: I Regret How I Treated Schweinsteiger at Man Utd

L

LequteMan

Manchester United Manager Jose Mourinho has expressed regrets for not treating German international Bastian Schweinsteiger correctly earlier in the season.

He was probably referring to the period when he forced the ex-German captain to train with the under-23 squad.

Mourinho is saying this after Schweinsteiger's recent move to Chicago Fire in the USA.

Speaking on Friday, Mourinho said: "He is one of the players that I feel sorry because of something I did to him. Not about him as a player or whether I would have bought him or not. It is as a professional, and as a human being.

"Last thing I told him, 'I was not right with you once, now I have to be right to you'. When he asked me to leave I had to say yes. I feel sorry for the first period. He knows that. I will miss a good guy. Good influence in training. We probably need him but I had to let him go."

What would he have done differently?

"I would let him be in the squad. At the time we had too many players. Many in doubtful situation. We still had Schneiderlin and Depay. Huge squad.

"I regret. No problem for me to admit it. I told him."

Attachments

• mou bastian.jpg
    mou bastian.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 5
Back