Politics KOGI: ‘Embezzle Our Money, and Go to Jail’, Gov. Yahaya Tells Administrators

P

PressRoom

yahaya bello.jpg

Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State has warned newly appointed administrators of local government councils in the state against looting of councils’ funds, saying anyone caught in corrupt practices would face the full wrath of the law.

The governor made this statement when inaugurating the administrators for the confluence state. He charged them to key into the New Direction Policy, NDP, of his administration by improving the lives of their people.

He said: “This is a position of trust given to each of you to impact on the lives of your people. Our administration is committed to empowering the people and today, you have been appointed as agents of this initiative. The funds that come to the local government councils belong to the people and should be used to improve education, health, agriculture and rural infrastructure. The era of stashing away local government funds in foreign and local bank accounts of private individuals is over. Under my watch, the resources of the people will work for them.”

Governor Bello said his administration had granted full financial autonomy to local government areas in the state, warning the administrators against being arm-twisted by officials of his government.

“I will not demand a dime from you. Any of my officials who demand money from you should be exposed. We are serious about fighting corruption, in line with the policy of President Buhari’s administration.

“That said, we will beam our searchlight on the operations of your respective local government areas to ensure you act in line with the rule of law. Nobody influenced your appointments. I considered you as partners in my onerous task at developing the state.” Yahaya remarked.

Source: Vanguard

Back