Sports Mourinho to Suarez: I will never criticise people in my book

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has lashed back at Luis Suarez, saying that he would never write a book after the Barcelona striker accused the Portuguese of using time wasting tactics when Liverpool played the Blues last season.

Speaking before overseeing Chelsea's 2-1 triumph over Liverpool on Saturday, Mourinho blasted the Uruguayan over the things he said.

In his autobiography titled 'Crossing the Line', Suarez recalls questioning an unnamed Chelsea player over their time-wasting from the start of last season's encounter at Anfield, only for his opponent to reply: "What do you want me to do? If [Mourinho] makes us play like this, I have to play like this. What else can I do? If I don't, I won't play. What would you do?"

Not the first time that Mourinho would become one of the focal points in an autobiography.

Only recently Mourinho suggested that Roy Keane's public criticism of him was motivated by the desire to sell books.

"Another book," a shrugging Mourinho remarked to reporters. "Books ... Do you read these books? I don't. At 51, I might have enough stories to write one but when you are 25? Do you write a book about when you were a kid? I don't think I will [do a book].

"I have an invitation to do a picture book, just with 100 photographs I'd choose of my career, and I'd just make a little comment on every picture. A memory book but not a book to tell s**t and to criticise people and to speak negative things about people who belong to my career."

Chelsea return to Anfield on Saturday as unbeaten Premier League leaders and Mourinho expects Liverpool to attack his side from the outset again.

Mourinho.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back