Politics Nigeria: 7 Powerful Quotes of the Week (WK 16)

kemi

Social Member
Series of events unfolded in the Nigerian political this week- from the drama at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, to economic issues of Naira devaluation and pipeline vandalisation.

Here are the top 6 powerful quotes for the week

1. The angry judge

“I have said I will not listen to that motion. I would have sent him to prison for contempt in the face of the court. He was arguing with me. I would have sent him to prison. He would have been cooling his feet there now. Maybe from there, he will be taken to another place. It was because other colleagues begged for him that I allowed him to be sitting there now.”

- Justice Danladi Umar Danladi to Raphael Oluyede, one of Saraki’s lawyers.

saraki.jpg

2. The loyal servant

: “My brother and friend Sen. Bukola Saraki, if you have 1 trillion supporters I'm one, if you have one billion I'm one, if you have one million I'm one, if you have thousand I'm one if you have ten I'm one, if you have only one supporter I;m one and if you have no single supporter it means I'm dead. No shaking, Four years too sure."

-Senator Dino Melaye wrote on his Facebook page.

3. No to devaluation

“The Naira remained strong against the Dollar and other foreign currencies until I was removed from office in August, 1985 and it was devalued. But how many factories were built and how many jobs were created by the devaluation? That is why I'm still asking to be convinced today on the benefits of devaluation."

-President Muhammadu Buhari on devaluation

4. Daring the president

“Buhari’s proposed attack is against those below the ladder. Why don’t they focus on investigating and arresting sponsors located in Abuja and other corridors of power? Those behind the pipeline vandals are in the military and the National Assembly.”

- IYC president, Comrade Udengs Eradiri, reacts to President Muhammadu Buahri’s statement that pipeline vandals will be treated like Boko Haram insurgents.

5. Ambitionless Metuh

“As one of the founding members of this party, I wish to state publicly that I have no ambitions to continue as a member of the National Working Committee after the expiration of my current tenure as the National Publicity Secretary, a decision that is enjoying the support of my family.”

- National Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party, Olisa Metuh on his ambition.

6. I’m not a thief

The allegation of fraud and the receipt of public funds from the National.Security Advisors Office and Central Bank into my bank account is false. I was asked to submit a budget my team and I prepared the budget and it was approved.”

-Fani Kayode, Director of Media and Publicity of the Jonathan Presidential Campaign Organisation

7. Made in Nigeria SUV

“For the avoidance of doubt, I did not and will not accept any SUV. The only SUV I will accept is a made in Nigeria car,”

-Senator Ben Murray Bruce posted on his Twitter handle.

Back