Politics 'Obasanjo Lied, I never Beat Him Up in Prison'- Al-Mustapha

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Former Chief Security Officer to the late head of state General Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, on Tuesday denied eating up former President Olusegun Obasanjo during the later's time in prison.

Speaking on the BBC Hausa Service radio, Al-Mustapha claimed he helped Obasanjo with his personal upkeep at the various prisons, due to his position as a former military head of state and an elder statesman.

"I have never beaten Obasanjo and I never beat up anybody. Obasanjo lied on me and God will be the judge between me and him. When Obasanjo was arrested on charges of coup attempt, I was the one who gave N10, 000 for the purchase of bed sheet, pillow sheet and brush", Al-Mustapha said.

"Also, when he was moved to Jos prison, I and governor Manah used to buy him food items from NASCO Company. All these assistance I rendered were due to his position as a former head of state and an elder person. I had no intention whatsoever for someone to pay me back what I did to him", he added.

When asked on whether he would support President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2015 general elections, Al-Mustapha replied, "I cannot say anything until when I am done with the court’s appeal case and with the military. Until such a time when I would announce to the whole world about my decision, after I am done with all these cases".

almustapha.jpg

Back