Entertainment Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Discloses Highs and Lows Moments of Her 20 Years in Nollywood

Williamz

upload_2015-1-2_12-56-0.png

Nollywood popular actress, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, is celebrating two decades of what she described as a successful career in Nollywood.

However, in a recent interview with Encomium, Omotola revealed moments she described as highs and lows during her 20 years period in Nollywood.

According to Omotola, “In the last 20 years, let me start from the low, which was the time you had to make sacrifices, especially when not very many people were in that boat with you, you sometimes feel alone. You sometimes feel you’re carrying the weight of the whole world, all by yourself. Another part of the lows I can remember is when you hear a very ridiculous rumour about you, you don’t want to degrade your brand and all that.”

“Every time people say something about you, you don’t want to go and start granting interviews, they will turn you to chatterbox. You don’t have to be talking, talking and constantly defending yourself. So, those were the few lows I can recall. But when you talk in terms of the high aspects, to be honest, being in this profession is a major high on its own, for me.”

“I love what I do. I was born into it. I enjoy doing it. I think and live it. That alone, I am always grateful to God about it. Every time you do a project and it comes out the way you expect it, it’s a high because there are so many times your projects won’t come out the way you designed them. Anytime the project I am doing is successful is a major high for me. It’s like a personal victory. So, to me, everything about this job is a high.”

The actress had earlier revealed she intend to go on a world tour as part of her 20 years celebration in Nollywood.

Back