Politics Saraki - Ali Ndume Tried To Embarrass Me

A

abujagirl

Senate President Bukola Saraki has accused former senate majority leader, Ali Ndume of attempting to embarrass him by accusing him of importing bullet-proof SUV jeep worth N370million.

Bukola Saraki.jpg

Saraki made the claim during an interview with DAILY TRUST when asked if Ndume had given him and Melaye the chance to clear themselves of the allegations by raising the issue, Saraki replied: “No, I don’t think so because the issue of the car, when it came up, the management issued a statement. When government appointees buy an official car, it is not their car. Government provides a car to you by virtue of your job.''

“The National Assembly Management said no car was imported in Senator Saraki’s name, and Senator Ndume knew that. Even if you think that your colleague is not qualified, did he call him and say ‘Colleague, is it true that you don’t have a genuine certificate?’ There are many ways of addressing these issues.

“Coming to the [Senate] floor escalated the whole issue. What the committee was saying was did you check this thing very well before you came to the floor and said your privilege was… So it is not that he gave me an opportunity to prove it because the management had already said that no car was brought in under my name, and Ndume knew it. He brought the issue to embarrass both myself and the institution. I am not an importer. I don’t agree with you that he gave us a chance to clear ourselves because we had already been cleared.”

Back