Politics Saraki Speaks: This is The Genesis of My Problems With Jonathan

P

ProfRem

Senator Bukola Saraki has replied last week's pendulum of Dele momodu.

Saraki in his letter released early hour of today attributed various factors amounting his his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

sARAKIjONTAHN.jpe

In this letter, Saraki said: the genesis of my problem with former president, Goodluck Jonathan was in September 2011 when I moved a motion on the floor of the Senate that exposed the N2.3 trillion fuel subsidy racket. I remain proud that I was the Senator that blew the lid on the most elaborate corruption scheme ever in this country. But after that I became a marked man. My security was withdrawn. I was invited and re-invited by the EFCC and the Special Fraud Unit. I was even declared wanted at a point. I believe I am still one of the most investigated former governors in this country. I have no doubt that if the Jonathan government was able to find anything against me, they would not have allowed me to go unpunished”.

Read More: Saraki Replies Dele Momodu's Powerful Open Letter

"On trial with me in this process is the entire judicial system. On trial with me are our entire anti-corruption institutions and our avowed commitment to honestly fight corruption. On trial with me is our party’s promise to depart from the ways of the past, a promise that Nigerians voted for. And I dare say, on trial with me is our media; and their ethical commitment to report fairly and objectively. In the end, it is my earnest hope that whatever we do will ultimately ennoble our country". the letter reads in part.

Back