Entertainment "Timaya Was My Boy, He Was Brought To Me From The Street"- Eedris Abdulkareem

Williamz

1423344439537.jpg

Veteran rapper Idris Abdulkareem has disclosed in a recent interview with THE SUN that Timaya lived with him for four years and he taught Timaya all he needs to know about how to survive in the Nigerian music scene.

Read excerpts of the interview below:

"Timaya and KC Presh are my boys. My record label, La Kreem Entertainment, did so much for many artistes including Timaya and KC Presh.

They were under my label but we didn’t sign any contract. We did what I will call ‘gentle man deal’ whereby we consulted for the artistes and took them to Baba Keke (Kenny Ogungbe).

Baba is someone I will always be loyal to. He made me who I am today. La Kreem Records still does business with Kennis Music. Timaya was under me and stayed with me for four good years.

I told him to go back to Bayelsa State and research on the history of his people and do a song about them which he did. You know, he has never told the media that he was my boy and lived with me for four good years.

I showed him the way forward and he learnt many things from me. Those days I did everything possible to push acts like Timaya among a host of others up and comers.

Timaya was my boy, he was brought to me from the street and I showed him how to be successful even though he praises himself in most of his songs now.

He is a graduate of La Kreem Records; it is not easy being a La Kreem Records graduate."

We patiently await Timaya's response.

Back