Turkey-based Group Lauds Nigerians- 'They are Hospitable and Accomodating People'

L

LequteMan

A Turkey-based group, Ufuk Dialogue Foundation, on Wednesday described Nigerians as hospitable, and that this was responsible for the thriving hospitality business in the country.

Mr Mehmet Sebabli, the West Africa Representative of the group, told newsmen in Lagos that Nigerians were very friendly in nature.

``My first time in Nigeria was the year 2005, and I enjoyed my stay and the company of the warm people around me.

``I think Nigerians are just naturally hospitable in nature, and it’s part of their cultural flavour to be hospitable.

``They are hospitable because Nigerians are communal people from time immemorial,’’ Sebabli said.

He said he was in the country to celebrate the Easter.

``I came into Nigeria to have fun with some of my Nigerian friends and my business clients.

``It has become the norm for many Nigerians to visit their friends, families and well-wishers during the Easter holidays.

``I can even say that it is now cultural to use Easter Day to visit long-seen family members and friends, `` he said.

The Turkish said the celebration of Easter had affected the global tourism sector positively.

Sebabili advised the Federal Government to increase its investment in tourism, to enable the sector to contribute more to the nation’s economic growth.

He said the provision of an enabling environment by the government would enhance a steady growth of the sector.

Attachments

• turkey nigeria.jpg
    turkey nigeria.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 5
Back