Politics Why I Had a Secret Meeting with Obasanjo - Tambuwal

Vunderkind

Social Member
Aminu-Tambuwal-270x300.jpg

Aminu Tambuwal, the honorable Speaker of the House of Representatives dismissed the current rumors that he was making plans to defect from PDP to APC.

Speaking on Sunday in Abeokuta, Ogun state, Tambuwal denied the allegations after having a closed door meeting with former president Olusegun Obasanjo at the former president’s house in Abeokuta.

It was earlier reported that the speaker was in Obasanjo’s residence for a secret meeting which started at about 12:30pm and ended at 2:15pm, The Eagle Online repots.

Reaffirming his position in his party, Tambuwal said: “I have come to visit our PDP national leader. Baba Obasanjo and I are still in PDP.”

The speaker – who was accompanied by House Minority Leader Hon. Sumaila Kawu, Hon Ajibola Muraina and Hon. Aminu Shagari said he was in Abeokuta to consult with Obasanjo on ‘matters of national interest.”

Tambuwal said, “Baba Obasanjo is a leader, not only in Nigeria, but in Africa, and it is only appropriate for us in positions of authority and leadership to occasionally come and consult him on matters of national interest and that is why I am here.
“There are lots of issues in Nigeria today.
“Of course, there is the issue of Petrol Industry Bill that we are considering in the House, while the Constitution amendment is also ongoing.
“There are many other key and important legislations that are also before the parliament.
“So, we need to consult our leaders on such important and vital issues, to get inputs from them before we conclude deliberations.”

Back