World Yahya Jammeh Returns Supreme Court, Moves To Stop Adama Barrow's Inauguration

P

ProfRem

President Yahya Jammeh of The Gambia has returned to Supreme Court, where he petitioned the court to halt inauguration of President-elect, Adama Barrow.

This is coming as the Economic Council of West African States, ECOWAS mediation team led by President Muhammadu Buhari in talks with President Yahya Jammeh of Gambia to end the crisis over his refusal to accept defeat and step down next week failed.

The Gambia's dictator and his political party have petitioned the court to stop and prevent any government agency, public servant to assist in inauguration process suppose to hold January 19.

jammeh.JPG

Mr Jammeh has been demanding a new election, run by a "God-fearing" election commission following his shock defeat at the hands of opposition leader Adama Barrow in the 1 December poll.

Mr Jammeh first seized power in a coup in 1994.

ECOWAS leaders are currently in Bamako, Mali for the heads of state meeting where decision will made on what next to do with President Yahya Jammeh of Gambia.

I wonder how just one person can challenge ECOWAS den nothing happen. Dat means i can even sue the world to court and nothing happen.

I wonder how just one person can challenge ECOWAS den nothing happen. Dat means i can even sue the world to court and nothing happen.

He is not a one person, he is a dictator and President.
Ordinary 'you' can do that but only your local govt. chairman is enough to attend to your 'wahala'. :)

So being a dictator and a president make him supreme and above the law? He seized the power frm a person den is he denying anoda person (Adama Barrow) of his right. Anyway, am waiting to hear what is going to happen on the 19th.

So being a dictator and a president make him supreme and above the law? He seized the power frm a person den is he denying anoda person (Adama Barrow) of his right. Anyway, am waiting to hear what is going to happen on the 19th.

Yes, being a dictator is the in- thing here.

He seized power through military jungle way, Adama Barrow got power through the decision of the people.

We are all waiting for January 19th and beyond :)

Back