Politics “Amaechi’s K-leg has been straightened," Obasanjo Declares

Vunderkind

Social Member
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that he has no regrets for declaring Rotimi Amaechi unfit for governorship in 2007.

While accepting full responsibility for his decision in 2007, the former president said that going by Amaechi’s victory at the Supreme Court, the rivers state governor’s “k-leg” had been straightened.

According to Osun Defenders, Obasanjo said this yesterday at the Ambassador Nne Kurubo Model Secondary School, Ebubu-Eleme, Rivers state while inaugurating Amaechi’s projects in the state.

Commenting on his actions in 2007 when he refused to give Amaechi the PDP ticket despite his (Amaechi’s) winning the primary for the governorship election, Obasanjo said Amaechi’s case at the time “had K-leg”.

His words: “I believe that as a leader, when I have something that requires action, that action must be taken, otherwise I am not a worthy leader.

“A report came about him, which indicated K-leg, and I said yes, there is a K-leg and as a result of the K-leg, he could not continue. But Rotimi (Amaechi) did what was required in a democratic dispensation; he went to court to straighten the K-leg.

“I was one of those, who when he (Amaechi) got the judgment or the verdict, found it awkward. I did not voice it out publicly, but I found it awkward; awkward in the sense that how can a man who has not contested an election; a man who has not been voted for be declared the governor?
“But I mused about it knowing that people went to a higher court. I think he (Amaechi) took it to the Supreme Court and in the Supreme Court, he won.”

He said that the Supreme Court had removed all doubts about Amaechi’s eligibility.

As far as I am concerned, that is the end of the K-leg. If anybody is not satisfied after that, he has to wait for the judgment of the Supreme Being up there.

“So the K-leg has been straightened; not only that, after his first term, he contested and won with a landslide. Then, what K-leg are you talking about again? Well that is that about K-leg,” he said.

OBJ-and-Amaechi.jpg

Back