Politics Al-Mustapha Defends Asari-Dokubo's Violent Speeches

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

upload_2013-9-29_13-23-59.png

Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, has defended the recent violent speeches by Alhaji Asari Dokubo saying that the activities of some elders in the North were responsible for the unpleasant utterances.

According to The Guardian, Al-Mustapha offered the defense while speaking at the one million match tagged, “National Unity Alliance,” organised by Al-Mustapha and Dokubo groups in Kaduna yesterday.

He said, "At the moment, there is a big misconception about Asari Dokubo and the South South but I was privileged to get to the root of the matter when I was freed from the prison. Asari Dokubo and people from the South South talk to me about how to unite with the north and so I went after them and got to the root of the whole issue.

“Asari Dokubo got married here in the north. His first wife was a Fulani by tribe, the second is shuwa Arab and his children are grand children of the north.

“What I found out in the course of my visitation was that there were some detractors from the north that misled and misguided him. They are giving him wrong impression about the North. But Asari Dokubo has seen the light of truth; he has pleaded with the north and ready to expose the names of these detractors from the north that are going about giving wrong impression of the north", Al-Mustapha added.

He also used the opportunity to decry the poor state of Education in Northern Nigeria saying, "I’m from Yobe, and 30 out of 100 youths are going to school while the remaining 70 youths are out of school and the funds as well as their rights to go to school is being squandered by somebody. Gone are those days; everything must change now. We must put a stop to that".

Asari was conspicuously absent at the rally and no excuse was given.

Back