Andy Murray wants more titles than being world number one

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Wimbledon Open champion,Andy Murray has stated that he would want to win more Grand Slam titles,than becoming the world number one Men’s tennis player.
Murray since breaking on to the scene,has struggled to win a grand slam title,but has now won two and also an Olympic gold medal,to shake off the tag of an underachiever.
“I sat down actually just few days ago and talked a little bit about that…I want to try and win another grand slam,” Murray told reporters.
“Every player would like to get to number one but I would rather win another a grand slam or two and not get to number one.”
Murray is currently world number two and will be heading into the US Open championship,as the defending champion and also one of the top seeds for the tournament.
“It took me a long time to win my first one (grand slam) and I know how difficult it is to win those tournaments,” Murray said. “I’ll work as hard as I can to give myself an opportunity at the US Open and see how I do there.”
“The last couple of years I haven’t always played my most consistent tennis in the build up to the slams and then when I got there I started to play better,” Murray said.
“I’ve always looked ahead to the slams and sometimes not played my best tennis in the Masters series, which wasn’t the case at the beginning of my career.
“I want to try and do well here,” Murray added.
So has Murray come to stay?

Continue reading...

Back