Metro Ebonyi Resident Complains About High Electricity Tariff

A

abujagirl

A concerned resident of Ebonyi state has written on the outrageous electricity tarriff being imposed by the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, EEDC.

Light Up Nigeria.jpg

See letter as published by Ikenga Chronicles:

Dear Ikenga Chronicles,

It is with tears of pain and sorrow that I write to you. No single soul in Ebonyi State is happy with the way EEDC(Enugu Electricity Distribution Company) is issuing outrageously estimated bills in the name of energy consumed. Go to Nkaliki in Ebonyi State capital and opposite Abakaliki LG council and other parts of the state and ask any tenants or landlords in any building about NEPA or EEDC bill just only for one month, you will weep at what Ebonyians have been going through.

The EEDC is so wicked to the point that two rooms that manage to put four or five bulbs is likely to receive a bill of N10,000 (Ten thousand Naira) or more only for one month. This has been on and on. And Ebonyians don’t know if people are corruptly enriching themselves with the blood of the poor masses because no one can talk to the almighty EEDC.

It is a known fact that, it is only Ebonyi State in the South East of Nigeria that cannot boast of one pre-paid meter.

And this evil EEDC capitalised on this lacuna and kept on defrauding people. Please help to save Ebonyians from this wicked bondage by sharing this message till action is taken by the Government to save the oppressed.

As it stands, Ebonyi youths are getting ready for a huge showdown with EEDC. If something is not done quickly, there will be total chaos soon.

My telephone number is 08********8, and I can give you the numbers of more people you can call to confirm this. The government, or the management of EEDC needs to do soemthing quickly before we take laws into our own hands.

–Anonymous Citizen

Back