Politics Enugu Deputy Governor Says He's Ready to be Impeached but Nigerians Must Know the Truth

A

abujagirl

Sunday Onyebuchi, the embattled deputy governor of Enugu state says he's ready to leave office but Nigerians must know the truth before he goes; Vanguard reported.

Addressing journalists shortly after the 7-man probe panel investigating allegations against him adjourned sitting, Onyebuchi said Nigeria’s democracy was on trial in Enugu State.

"It is true that I am the one standing trial but I want to say also that our democracy is also standing trial. I want to say also that justice is on trail; I want to say also that the integrity of all those involved, including that of the panel members, is on trail.

"I believe that no matter how we want to manipulate truth and try to embellish it, eventually, if not now, the truth will triumph over falsehood".

"This is a situation where the person who is being marched did not complain, rather the person, who is marching on him is the one complaining.

"On the poultry in question, by January 27, all the birds were removed; I did not know what happened to them, whether they were sold or eaten; I never complained, rather the person who took my birds is the one complaining.

"I believe that I have not committed any crime; I am here because I believe that it is better to defend myself and protect my hard earned reputation; it is more important to me than even the office of the Deputy Governor. I do not mind leaving the office but the public must know that I did not commit any offence, that I did not do anything that will justify my being removed.

"Let the people of Enugu State, let Nigerians be the judge as to how honourable members of the Enugu State House of Assembly are in this matter. I believe that eventually, I will triumph; there is a panel of man, there is a court of man, but more importantly, there is a court of God where nobody can manipulate the truth. He will also give his verdict at the appropriate time", the deputy governor added.

#Enugu

enugu deputy.jpg

Back