Sports Enyimba's Chinedu Udoji's Reactions After Lifting 7th NPFL Title

Enyimba FC captain, Chinedu Udoji has attributed his side's success this season to God and hardwork.

CT4LTX0UYAAcGhy.jpg

The Aba Warriors won her 7th Nigeria Professional Football League following their goalless draw against Warri Wolves in week 37 fixture while their week 38 game against was a mere formality.

The 23-year old defensive midfielder also commended the league management company for transforming the league from what it used to be.

"First of we all we give God all the glory, I just have to say that helped at the end we won the title, the league management company did a very wonderful job."

"As you can see the league was highly competitive this season, no one knew who the winner of the league will be until the second to the last game was played, and that's what we need, we know the LMC have put a lot of effort this season and I'm sure they will improve on their effort to make the league more tougher in the coming season."

"Again I have to give kudos to the LMC because, if I remember correctly, the cash price for the winner last season was 15 million naira, and we all can see that they are improving, (increasing the price money to 30 million naira) I have to give them thumbs up, they've tried and next season I'm confident they will improve next season, and most importantly, for transforming the league from the way it used to be to the way it is now, and I can say that it's worth it, but we can always hope that they will do more next season."

"The LMC have done well in terms of officiating, but they still need to improve on the security of lives and property of the teams and players, protecting the officials from being beaten up by home team fans, and again, the LMC should ensure that they also improve on the players' welfare because players going on strike while the league is on isn't good for our league."

Udoji said that the Aba Elephants worked tirelessly to ensure that they reclaim the title after losing the last three editions to Kano Pillars, finishing second in the last three.

Meanwhile the skipper has said that he doesn't know where he will be playing next season but that he wants to savour this moment and enjoy the victory.
"Enyimba picking so many points away from home was God's handiwork and the hard work of the players, who worked tirelessly week in week out to achieve the feat, and I must confess that the technical crew were fantastic all through the season and I must not forget our ever-supporting fans who traveled en mass with us to support us both home and away. They all made this success happen and I say thank you to them all."

"That question I can't answer for now."
But, the cup presentation was marred with fan invasion on the pitch. As there were a very few number of security personnel and plan put in place to control the fans.

The fans ignored the presence of the few presence of the Nigerian police men and men of the Civil Defence Corp around to felicitate with the champions Enyimba as Sunshine stars players and crew were swallowed up in the crowd and quietly quit the arena without the press noticing them.

Attachments

• CT4JYjnXIAAPYuF.jpg
    CT4JYjnXIAAPYuF.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 12
Back