Politics Governor Amaechi Begs President Jonathan to Protect His Life

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

upload_2013-9-29_13-10-49.png

Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, Rivers State Governor, on Saturday raised the alarm over threats to his life and pleaded with President Goodluck Jonathan, to ensure that he is not killed.

During an interview session with Sahara TV, the Governor said, "I don’t have an aide de camp. I don’t have a chief security officer. They’ve withdrawn so many policemen. They’ve withdrawn all policemen from the commissioners. I feel unsafe. I just know that they want to kill me. Beg Mr. President to ensure that I’m not killed because I’m sure they are planning towards that".

Amaechi also accused his political opponents, including the Minister of State for Education, Mr. Nyesom Wike, and the President’s wife, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, of using the police to intimidate him and the people of the state.

He said, “It is not just Wike that is controlling the Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Joseph Mbu. It is not just Mrs. Patience Jonathan that is controlling Mbu. There are some people on the street controlling him.

“They are doing two things under the watch of Mr. President and the Inspector-General of Police. They are trying to intimidate the Rivers society so that they can rig elections. And they are trying to intimidate me and expose me to danger".

Amaechi further accused the National Aviation Management Authority of monitoring his movement and deliberately delaying his flights.

However, the Governor reiterated that he was ready for peace," “If the President wants peace, I will be available. And it should not be the type of peace that we had in 2011, that was because of the election,” he added.

Back