Sports I might play Oboabona against Bosnia - Stephen Keshi

victor and oboabona.jpg
Super Eagles defender Godfrey Oboabona is in line to make a shock return to the team for the all important clash against Bosnia on Saturday.

Oboabona was a major doubt after being substituted in Nigeria's disappointing 0-0 draw against Iran on Monday with an injury.

There were initial fears that he could even miss both the tie against Argentina next week,but such has been allayed after it was revealed that the Rizespor defender has made a speedy recovery.

Oboabona missed the team's training session on Wednesday evening which further cast doubts over his availability.

Coach Stephen Keshi through the team's media officer Ben Alaiya,confirmed that the injury wasn't that serious,adding that he is yet to make a decision whether to play him in the game against Bosnia.

“Yes, I have received the medical reports on Godfrey and we are still very hopeful that before the D-day he may still make it. Let’s just be hopeful because he is an important player in the team,” Keshi said.

Meanwhile,Oboabona's partner in defence,Kenneth Omeruo is looking forward to going headlong with Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.

“It will be a delight to see how Edin Dzeko and I slug it out in the game. Hopefully, they will play an open game and we will also, which will make the game very interesting,” Omeruo said.

Back