Politics "I Want to Consolidate Kwankwaso's Achievements"- Sen. Gaya Declares Kano Governorship Ambition

L

LequteMan

Sen. Kabiru Gaya, representing Kano South, on Thursday while inaugurating the ICT Centre which he built at the NUJ Press Centre in Kano, declared his intention to contest the Kano State governorship election under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2015.

He said that his decision to enter the governorship race was borne out of his desire to bring about the much-needed development in the state.

``I want to consolidate on the numerous achievements recorded by Gov. Rabi’u Kwankwaso's administration in terms of infrastructure development in the state.

``Kwankwaso returned to power in 2011 after his first tenure which ran from 1999 to 2003. I also want to return to power in 2015, that is why I want to formally declare my intention here,’’ he said.

The lawmaker recalled that the press had played a significant role when he contested for the governorship of the state and won in 1992 and called on them to repeat the gesture.

He urged the people of the state to give him the necessary support and cooperation to be the next governor of the state come 2015.

Attachments

• kabiru gaya.jpg
    kabiru gaya.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 6
Back