Sports Ik Uche can still make the Super Eagles team to Brazil- Joseph Dosu

-allsport.jpg

Former Nigerian goalkeeper Joseph Dosu believes Ikechukwu Uche can still be part of the Super Eagles team to the 2014 World Cup but feared Brown Ideye could miss out in the squad.

Uche has been in scintillating form for his club Villareal,having already netted eleven goals in the La Liga this season,but he has not been invited to the Super Eagles since the 2013 Nations Cup triumph in South Africa.

Ideye on his part,has only scored twice in ten appearances for Dynamo Kyiv and hasn't exactly sparkled when playing for Nigeria.

“It’s unfortunate that Ideye has been having problems scoring goals for his club,” Dosu told The Punch.

“He’s a good striker but he has to regain his goalscoring form. With other strikers banging goals in left, right and centre, he should know that he has to work harder to make the World Cup.

“I believe he’ll make it because he’s a determined player.”

However,Dosu added that Uche has given the technical crew something to worry about as his club form is too good to be overlooked.

He also said that Uche will most definitely break into the team if given the opportunity to once again prove himself.

“I’m very happy that Uche is on top form and scoring goals regularly for Villarreal.

(“Stephen) Keshi’s choice of players for the World Cup should be respected, but I think Uche deserves a chance to fight his way back into the team.

“He brings a lot to the team when he is playing, and I think we should allow him take his goalscoring form to the World Cup.

“Emmanuel Emenike and Victor Moses have done very well for us. But I believe Uche will break into the World Cup squad if given the opportunity to prove himself.

“Probably Keshi decided to drop Uche for (Shola) Ameobi after his poor form at the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

“Ameobi is good. His height can intimidate any defender. It depends on how Keshi wants his strikers to play at the World Cup, I think we can accommodate all our top strikers.

“In my opinion, Uche has done enough to deserve another opportunity to play for the Eagles.”

Back