Metro 'My Abductors Were Friendly' - Wazobia FM's Akas Baba Recounts His Experience

Vunderkind

Social Member
Anthony Akatakpo, known popularly on Wazobia FM as Akas Baba was held in captivity by his kidnappers for seven days, and he has recounted his ordeal at their mercy before he was released.

He said that the kidnappers blindfolded him and stashed him in an incomplete building beside a forest. This was where they brought a doctor to who treated the gunshot wound they gave him.

He said that during the time, he was fed only fufu, bread and water.

The two men that kept watch on me were friendly. Each time I wanted to visit the toilet, they allowed me to go without much fuss. But I had to obtain permission from them first. I was scared that if I did not do that, they might do something bad to me. Even if I wanted to sneeze or cough, I had to take permission from them or they would misinterpret my action as an attempt to send signals to rescuers lurking around the hide-out,” he said.

The abductors blamed the government for their life of crime, saying that if they had been given jobs, they wouldn’t have had to turn to a life of crime.

They also apologized for shooting him and asked him to beg his family, especially his wife, to pardon them for the pains and inconveniences caused.

Akatakpo on the other hand has pleaded with the government at all levels to take the issue of job creation seriously to curb the increase of kidnappers and armed robbers in the country.

Attachments

• akas_-_baba_pix.jpg
    akas_-_baba_pix.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 38
Back