Metro My Wife is Too Lazy, All She Does is Watch Movies- Man Begs for Divorce

L

LequteMan

Tunde Esan is divorcing his wife of 18 years because she's "too lazy."

He appeared before an Akure Customary Court on Monday seeking to dissolve the 18-year-old marriage with Yetunde.

“I had endured for many years; I can no longer tolerate her lazy attributes,’’ he said, adding that all his efforts to get his wife start a trade had failed.

“My wife is not ready to do any work but only sits at home watching movies. I have not enjoyed her since I married her.

“Though I am used to her lazy acts, I would have filed for divorce but was restricted by various appeals by friends and family members,’’ he said.

He also said his eldest child has been the one cooking for the home. Furthermore, his wife is fond of incurring debt which put the family into disrepute, he said.

“There is no facet of life she has not failed.

“As a matter of fact, she neither washes my clothes nor sweeps our apartment and we have not been greeting each other for more than seven years.

“In fact, it’s been long we had sex as husband and wife.

“I perceive she is a possessed woman,’’ he said.

Yetunde however, pleaded with the court to intervene and safe her marriage from dissolution. Kneeling down in court, she begged her husband to forgive her.

She admitted borrowing money and taking some clothes on credit without the knowledge of her husband.

She said that the matter could have been settled without coming to court but that Tunde did not give room for settlement.

The marriage is blessed with three children.

The President of the court, Chief Rotimi Olusanya, adjourned the case to Feb.14, in order to make room for reconciliation.

Attachments

• gavel3.jpg
    gavel3.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 17
Back