Metro Niger Deltans are The Worst Enemies of Niger Delta - Community Leader, Sandys

L

LequteMan

Niger Delta community leader, Sandys Omadeli Uvwoh, in an interview published by Vanguard, has stated that Niger Deltans and their leaders are the biggest reasons for the failures in the area.

"We do share in the failure, in quite significant proportion. As far as I am concerned, we failed ourselves. Should I start with the Jonathan’s era because we had the most opportunity to make change then? Jonathan was a President of Nigeria, not a President of the South – South. I won’t say Jonathan was a failure as a Niger Deltan. Rather, it was a collective failure of the leaders who enthroned him.

"None of us during Jonathan’s era went to him to say this was what we needed in the best interest of Niger Delta and he refused. Rather, the political fathers, uncles, cousins and leaders were always going to him to make selfish demands which they got to the detriment of the common good.

"What they were impressing on him was, ‘this is my boy, give him appointment’. None has come up to say ‘we led a delegation to Jonathan and asked for this and that’.

Attachments

• sandys.PNG
    sandys.PNG
    295 KB · Views: 9
Back