Entertainment OJB Jezreel's Last Interview Published - ''I started seeing possibilities of living up to 50''

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Ace music producer OJB Jezreel passed on this morning. NET NG has published details of his last interview.

ojb.jpg

During the interview, OJB reportedly expressed hope that he will live to see his 50th birthday and many more.

The music producer said, ''Turning 50 was something I used to look at as an age that’s very far away, but here it is today. It just makes you see that the people that took the responsibility of fathering your generation at that time have done their part and it’s our turn to take over from them and take care of the next generation. That’s what I see, a lot of responsibilities because now it’s obvious that people will actually look up to you.

''Well, when the health challenge came, I won’t lie to you, I was a bit worried, but after the transplant, I started seeing things differently and I started seeing possibilities of living up to 50 and even beyond.

On what he expected from life after 50, OJB said, ''I hear most people turn 50 and say things like ‘I’ll get closer to God’, so I always wonder. Really, you don’t have to hit the age of 50 before you should get close to God, what if you don’t live up to 50? For me, there’s really nothing that’ll change. Like I said earlier, the only thing is the fact that you can’t be found competing with anyone. You should be more of the advisory person. You should let people know that there’s a ladder to climb, that there’s more to what they see. One minute you are at the top, the next minute it’s somebody else, and a lot of people have not been able to manage such situations. I just believe that 50 gives you an opportunity to be more constructive with your life. Some say life begins at 40, for some of us I think life actually begins at 50.

OJB would have turned 50 in July, 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back