Politics PDP Holds Special Prayer Session For President Buhari

P

ProfRem

The Peoples Democratic Party has prayed for President Muhammadu Buhari’s quick recovery as he seeks medical attention abroad, PUNCH reports.

Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu who led the prayer session at the National Secretariat of the PDP during the official handover of the party’s affairs by the Board of Trustees to the Ahmed Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee, in Abuja, on Tuesday, noted that at times like these, Nigerians irrespective of religious or party affiliation should come together to pray for the nation and its leaders.

Ekweremadu said, “Before I proceed, let me quickly remind all of us that our President is presently not feeling well and has been flown abroad for treatment. So, I will like to invite you to rise, let us say one minute of prayer for his quick recovery.”

PDPBUhari.jpe

Soon afterwards, the DSP led other party members to render prayers for the quick recovery of the President, the protection of the first family, our leaders and Nigeria as a whole.

According to PUNCH, the Deputy Senate President expressed delight that a new spirit of reconciliation was sweeping through the PDP. This he noted is putting the party on the path to returning to power come 2019.

Back