Politics 'There is no APC in Rivers State' -Chinda

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

During a recent interview session with Nigerian Tribune, Hon. Kingsley Chinda, Deputy Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Customs, announced that the All Progressives Congress, APC does not exist in Rivers state.

When asked whether the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP can defeat the APC in the state come 2015, Chinda said,"I don’t think APC exists in Rivers State. I say so clearly because the governor was elected on the platform of the PDP. He moved over to the APC. Allow elections to come, let us see if APC can produce a governor in Rivers. As far as I am concerned, the seat of governor still belongs to the PDP"

"Unfortunately, this same governor has benefited immensely from what we are talking about. I was one of those who supported him assiduously and religiously. When Celestine Omehia was elected, the Supreme Court held that it was the PDP that won the election, not Omehia and Amaechi was sworn in, though he did not contest in that election and today, Amaechi was elected under PDP and has moved to the APC. If I were in his shoes, very honourably, I would resign and if I so wished present myself again if the law allows me. Amaechi as an individual is a member of the APC and the seat of governor of Rivers State belongs to PDP".

"So, if you now say the state is now an APC State, I find it a little difficult to accept that. On the issue of elections, let us allow the elections to come so that we won’t be beating our chest, but let me also say it clearly that Rivers State will be one man, one vote, one governor one vote", Chinda added.

Click here to read full interview

kingsley chinda.jpg

Back