Metro 2015 Election Predictions: What the Prophets Saw, What Nigerians Got

• Thread starter Thread starter LequteMan
  • Start date Start date
L

LequteMan

Nigeria - Towards the 2015 general election, many prophets took to the media, with some predicting in Buhari’s favour but the majority pitching tent with President Goodluck Jonathan, Tribune reports.

jonathan buhari advert.jpg

General Overseer of The Synagogue, Church of All Nations, Prophet T.B. Joshua, had stated that “The challenge Nigeria is facing – on the day of voting, when you drop your votes in the ballot box, you will know who is PDP and who is APC. It’s a parable; very delicate. Because everybody plays a game; we deceive ourselves. ‘So this man voted for this party but he’s in that party.’ ”

Senior Pastor of Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC), Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, had in an interview in January 2015, stated that “For Nigeria, the Lord showed me who will win the election. I will not mention his name because I have to be politically neutral. But when the president’s name is announced, 20 per cent of a certain part of the nation will not agree. Eventually, after negotiation they will. We will agree that we are one.”

Catholic priest, Reverend Father John Mbaka, had earlier stayed with the Jonathan camp, but later withdrew his support before the elections, a move which set up a wave of controversies.

Popular cleric, Primate Peter Ayodele, founder of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, who is known for his prophecies, many of which have come to pass, had predicted that “This year’s election will throw up a lot of issues. President Goodluck Jonathan will do everything to win a second term, however, he needs 14 days prayer to have a peaceful reign to enable him to complete a second term. Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega will be confused during the polls. There will be several gimmicks to cajole INEC to rig the election. E-voting will not work. There will be ballot box snatching and stuffing during the election.”

Popular cleric, Sat Guru Maharaj Ji had also stated that “President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the verifiable divine choice of the forthcoming presidential election. As the Living Perfect Master of creation in whose hands the fate of Nigerian project lies spiritually, I declare divinity’s decision to return Jonathan to Aso Rock over Muhammadu Buhari.

Apostle Johnson Suleman, the president of Omega Fire Ministries (OFM), had said, “I see president Goodluck Jonathan coming back but trouble… Patience Jonathan needs serious prayers. 2015 presidential election will be rigged, marred in violence and end up in court case. 2015 election is another June 12. The man who truly won will not govern or rule.”

Another cleric, Apostle B.B. Fredrick, Senior Pastor of Wonder City Chapel and President of the BB Frederick Ministries, Ghana, had also stated that “Nigerians should watch out for the second term of His Excellency President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Although it looks very challenging with him and his ruling party now, yet the Lord says Nigerians shouldn’t lose hope in Jonathan. I know by the inspiration of the Almighty that President Jonathan is the set man for Nigeria. His next term on the seat will bring liberation to Nigeria.”

Prophet Michael Olubode, a cleric with the Celestial Church of Christ had predicted that “the Lord will return His Excellency, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to his presidential seat. Despite much hatred for him, it pleases the Lord God of Celestial to increase his tenure at the Presidential Villa in Aso Rock. The Lord revealed to me that the purpose of making him remain in government is to use him to build Nigeria’s economy. He will surely bring good luck to us.”

#Nigeria #Elections #INEC #Buhari #Jonathan

Last edited:
Back