Politics EFCC Has No Reason to Probe Ekiti Finances- Fayemi

A

abujagirl

Outgoing Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti on Tuesday said that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had no reason to torchlight the state from 2010 to date.

Fayemi made this known when he addressed the people of Ajoni , Ekiti South-East, Ekiti East, Ayekire and Gbonyin Local Government Areas of the state during his visit to the areas.

He declared, "I am ready to defend how my administration managed the finances of the state in the last four years. I have managed the finances of the state with integrity,’’ he said.

The governor said he had no reason to tamper with public funds to earn a living, saying his source of livelihood was not hinged on the state treasury.

"I came into politics with a name that is reputed for integrity and will not quit politics with a soiled name. I will, therefore, welcome anyone, who had any information that can indict me for financial misappropriation.

"I have always given prominence to Ekiti State in all my dealings and that was why the development of Ekiti is paramount to me. I need not steal from the coffers of Ekiti State before I can make my living.

"Therefore, anyone who has information that Ekiti money is missing should come and meet me or take me to court. I have a name to protect and so, I need not do anything that can soil my name.’’

Fayemi said he was the only governor who declared his assets and even published it in national dailies as part of commitment to accountability.

#Ekiti #Fayemi #EFCC

fayemi.jpg

Back