Sports President Jonathan to Super Eagles: I will be in Brazil if you make the quarter-finals

Jonnnnnaaaaaa.jpg
President #GoodluckJonathan has told the Super Eagles of Nigeria that the only condition he will be in Brazil to cheer the team would be if they make the quarter-finals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

Addressing the players after their training session in preparations for tonight's friendly game against Scotland,Sports Minister, Dr. Tammy #Danagogo conveyed the President's message to the team.

The best any Nigerian team has gotten to the FIFA #WorldCup has been in the second round,achieved at the 1994 tournament in USA and four years later in France.

Nigeria will be aiming to surpass those past records and set a new one when they get to Brazil.

Meanwhile president of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) Aminu Maigari has urged the Super Eagles to use their upcoming friendlies to cultivate a winning mentality that will help them prepare for the World Cup.

“I believe in this team and what you can do at the FIFA World Cup. The opportunity beckons for you to lift the country’s name higher than ever before and I know you have the ability and the capacity to do just that.”

Back