Politics 3 PDP Leaders In Edo State Decamp To APC

Temitope

Temitope Akinola
The All Progressive Congress in Edo State has again received a boost in membership as two PDP big wigs in the state decamp to the party.
oshio1.jpg

A former deputy governor of the State, Lucky Imasuen, former deputy chairman of PDP in the state, Christopher Adesotu and a former member of House of Representatives, John Abolagba, decamped to APC on Saturday.

Speaking at the occasion, Mr. Imasuen said it was no longer news that the PDP had fallen apart.

“Many people have asked me, ‘why do you want to join the comrade governor?’. If you wrestle with somebody for so long and you are not able to defeat the person, won’t you join the person? I passed Airport Road, my mother is at Ogida market, I attended Agbado Primary School; Adolo College is in my neighbourhood, I pass Akpakpava road every day and I see the work the governor has done there.

“Have you been to Edo central and Edo North? My message to my few brothers and sisters left in the PDP; this train will not miss us. The first one is taking off today at the Kings Square and I am joining it with my friends and brothers and I appeal to you that in the next few months the remaining ones that are viable will be joining this train to help build a formidable APC that the Comrade Governor has built.

Receiving the three, Governor Adams Oshiomole thanked them for their decision to join the APC, assuring that they would be granted equal opportunities as founding members of the party.

Read more

Premium Times

Back