Politics Makarfi Planning to Carve Out a New Party From PDP - Gulak

A

abujagirl

Ahmed Gulak, former political adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan has dropped hints that a new party may be formed out of the Peoples Democratic Party,PDP.

gulak.jpg

Speaking with DAILY TRUST, Gulak said, ''I have heard on good authority that Makarfi and co are planning to move out of the PDP to form another party. That is anti-party; I don’t expect them to do that. The PDP has given them a lot. Senator Makarfi was governor on PDP platform for eight years and he was senator on the same platform for another eight years and to see him trying to move people out of PDP to another party no matter how small the number is, will be unfortunate. History will judge him on the negative side. ''

He added that only 4 PDP Governors are still supporting Makarfi. Gulak said, ''I know as at today, only four governors out of the 12 governors are still with him.

''Mimiko, Fayose, Wike and to some extent, Governor Okowa. The other eight governors have seen that it is Sheriff who has the key to unlock the logjam and take this party to the next level of development. In the National Assembly the majority of members are with Sheriff. You see, some governors when they brought Sheriff, they expected him to do their biddings; to play to their games but later, they found out that this is a man who will not tolerate impunity.''

Back