Entertainment "Muna Obiekwe Was a Damn Good Actor" - Charles Novia

Williamz

1421916191512.jpg

Nollywood producer and critique Charles Novia is one of those finding it hard to accept the harsh reality of Muna Obiekwe's death.

Charles had made it clear on his blog that though he has never met Muna, he always admired his acting prowess that makes him outstanding even while playing controversial roles.

Here is what Charles wrote on his blog post about Muna:

"I never really met him nor knew him personally but I admired his acting skills onscreen whenever I watched the movies he featured in. He was an actor who had a panache beyond comparison in many of his roles. I always thought he was damned good."

"That he is dead is a sad reality. That he died at all when he lived and still lives in our hearts and on our screens is the painful jolt to our systems. Because in Nollywood, actors (and good ones too, in Muna’s mould) never really die. They only transcend to another place where, perhaps, the ovation they receive over there gives lasting peace to their souls."

"What can one really say about Muna? I never knew much about him and perhaps many people did not as well. He seemed to live a life less glimpsed in personal details than that more appreciated on the television screens. He seemed to me to be a recluse."

"And I might be wrong here but when one reads his body language with the benefit of hindsight, one could begin to piece together a deliberate insulation by the gifted actor from the public eye."

"And there is nothing wrong with that. Many talented creatives all over the world are like that. But Muna’s case stands out because it seemed like our nosey and sensational entertainment press just could not get anything on him."

"There were few stories or scandals about him and more reviews about his body of work which is quite the hallmark of an artiste who exploits a mystique around him."

Muna died at a hospital in Lagos on January 18, 2015.

Back