Sports Super Eagles need Nigeria's total support - Chris Giwa

rsz_super_eagles_pic.jpg
Chairman of Giwa Football Club of Jos, Chris Giwa has called for the total support of the Nigeria's Super Eagles as they get set to begin their campaign at the 2014 FIFA World Cup tournament in Brazil.

Giwa called for special prayers for the team adding that players should also see it as a privilege to represent the country at the World Cup.

"This is the time to seriously support the team, so I urge Nigerians to pray for them to pull through their group. The players should also see themselves as privileged to be representing the country, therefore I expect them to put in their best always," he added.

He also praised President Goodluck Jonathan for supporting the Super Eagles World Cup campaign through the provision of funds for their preparation and participation.

"I also wish to commend the sports minister, Dr Tammy Danagogo for also ensuring that the money approved by the government for the NFF was released to them on time. He must be particularly commended for giving them free hand to run the World Cup programme,"he said, adding, "the onus now lies with Alhaji Aminu Maigari and his colleagues on the NFF Board to deliver."

Back